Friday, November 6, 2009

Forgiven- Do your family members know they are forgiven?

We are in Hilton Head for a few days. Its always a treat to come to this tropical paradise. Since we homeschool, its just a change of scenary for us. We continue to school in the morning and then play from lunch on, sometimes earlier. But here we go bike riding and to the beach. Yippee! this trip my parents joined the kids and I at the Simons (my parents) condo that they rent out in South Beach, Sea Pines.
My mother had been asking to take a walk with me alone with out any of the kids. I knew she must have something on her mind to talk to me about. Well once we got out there, it all spilled out. She was worried that was something between us. Even more so she wanted to know if i had any unforgiven towards her still. She cried and shared my heart with her. What a joy to be able to say, " I have forgiven you a long time ago. I have no hard feeling and have nothing been you and I." We shared for another 45 minutes about things in our relationship in the past but I reiiterated that none of that mattered and that God has carried us through it all for the better. We can't keep looking back and how we should have done things different. Only how are we goign to move forward tomorrow.
I shared that from my experienced i have chosen to do things differently in my life and with my children but that is not a reflection of my past. I saw what I felt needed to be different and have made changes but not in an angry way. We all try to make decisions based on knowledge and experience.
We need to constantly build up one another verbally!! Complement each other. Thank each other. And ask forgiven when you recognize you have wronged another. When you step on someone's toes and they tell you, don't defend yourself, just say "I'm sorry will you forgive me?"

The children are watching, what are they seeing?

No comments:

Post a Comment